Wednesday 9 November 2011

Showing Gratitude to Books



Hello! How are you?

What a nice surprise I got when I checked my facebook page today , a friend of mine had posted a link to Beth Revis, the very talented author of 'Across The Universe' and the upcoming sequel 'A Million Suns', due for release January 2012. If you get the chance, read 'Across The Universe', definitely one of my favourite reads of 2011. Beth Revis is hosting a very generous giveaway of 19 books by various authors and Turkish delight, along with runner up prizes, how can you possibly resist? check out Beth Revis's blogspot ~ Beth Revis blogspot

To have a chance of winning this prize and also the opportunity to share your favourite book, all you have to do, is to talk about the book YOU are thankful for. Good luck!

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Published 2005) ~



Why I am thankful for 'Twilight' ~

I have always been a fan of the vampire genre and I bought 'Twilight' when I heard the film was being released. At the time I was caring for my terminally ill mother and 'Twilight' was the first book I had read all the way through in months.

I loved the story, the characters were brilliant to read and despite some flaws, there was something incredibly special about the story of Edward and Bella, there was a magical feel to it. I am thankful for 'Twilight' because it helped me get through the worst time in my life, a time that was so sad but I would never change it because my Mum needed me. I needed a book that was a nice, easy read and 'Twilight' gave me that and also I have made so many friends because of 'Twilight', a cliché I know but it suits me.

So do tell, which book are YOU thankful for and share them with Beth Revis ~ Beth Revis blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment